Tullahoma TN [June 01] – Southern Middle Tennessee Entrepreneur Centers (SMTEC) is pleased to announce experienced entrepreneur and businessman, Morgan McChesney, CEO of Next Solutions, LLC as facilitator of the CO.STARTERS program.
CO.STARTERS is a nationally renowned platform that helps communities grow local business. The nine-week program equips aspiring entrepreneurs with the insights, relationships, and tools needed to turn business ideas into action. Unlike traditional platforms, CO.STARTERS applies the lean business modeling methods popular among high-growth startups to businesses of all kinds.
Mr. McChesney stated, “I am excited to be the facilitator for the first CO.STARTERS program in this region. I believe this area can be known for its entrepreneurial spirit and as a place where new successful businesses will attract people.”
CO.STARTERS, drawing from the experience of entrepreneurs and startup thought-leaders around the globe, walks small-business owners through the lean business modeling methods used by high-growth startups, in a simple and intuitive way. Rather than treating a startup like a large corporation and writing a detailed business plan, CO.STARTERS participants are encouraged to build and test small models first. In the process, they receive real-time customer feedback, update their models to meet customer needs and avoid creating/doing businesses based on incorrect assumptions. Inspired by The Business Model Canvas, the CO.STARTERS Canvas provides an intuitive visual map to help participants understand, organize and test their business ideas.
CO.STARTERS is an action-driven, collaborative process with a small and supportive group of like-minded people. Led by a facilitator who is an experienced entrepreneur, you’ll identify your assumptions about why and how your businesses will work and then talk to customers in order to validate your ideas. This approach enables you to rapidly uncover flaws in your concept and find viable models more quickly. You leave the program with a deeper understanding of how to create a sustainable business, articulate your model, and repeat the process with your next great idea.
During CO.STARTERS, you develop and fine-tune your idea, critically examining every part of it and tweaking the next steps through real-time feedback from people in the community. Over the nine weeks, we cover the following topics.
- Week 1: Knowing Yourself (Assumptions, Working Styles, Team Building, Obstacles)
- Week 2: Knowing Your Customer (Problem, Solution, Benefit, Competition, Advantage, Customer)
- Week 3: Getting the Relationship Right (Marketing & Message; Getting, Keeping & Growing Customers)
- Week 4: Building the Model to Scale (Starting Small, Distribution, Revenue, Typical Sale, Price)
- Week 5: Strengthening Your Structure (Business Structures, Licenses, IP, Hiring)
- Week 6: Discovering the Bottom Line (Startup & Ongoing Needs, Fixed & Variable Costs, Break-Event Point)
- Week 7: Accounting for Growth (Break-Even Point, Sales Projections, Cash Flow, Accounting)
- Week 8: Planning for the Future (Raising Capital, Growth Plans, Goal Setting, Pitch Prep)
- Week 9: Pitch Night/Sharing Your Story
CO.STARTERS lasts nine weeks, meeting one evening a week for three hours.
PROGRAM LENGTH & DATES
CO.STARTERS program begins Monday, June 15 at 6pm and continues for 9 weeks.
The class will be hosted by SMTEC at 414 Wilson Avenue, Suite 121, Tullahoma, TN 37388.
To register for the program, please call 931-455-0155.
For more information on CO.STARTERS, visit www.costarters.co. To learn more about CO.STARTERS in Tullahoma, please call 931-455-0155.