Southern Middle Tennessee Entrepreneur Centers (SMTEC) has initiated JusticeXL™, a 12-week business accelerator cohort with specific focus on three components of the justice system: law enforcement, public safety and corrections.
The mission of JusticeXL is to accelerate entrepreneurs and start-up companies in their process of developing tactics and strategies that are effective, efficient and economical, as measured by improved public safety, reduced crime, higher case closure rates, and transformational corrections systems.
Significant discoveries are being made in areas such as wearable sensor technology, crime forecast technology, cloud storage, body-worn cameras and biometrics.
The strategy of JusticeXL is to turn these discoveries into investible companies, then help those companies raise money and convert their ideas into reality.
Jerry Wright is Program Manager of the inaugural JusticeXL cohort. He is a former Navy Chief, retired Chief of Police, experienced entrepreneur, and currently a business consultant.
About the Justice XL accelerator
- The next 12-week JusticeXL cohort is scheduled to begin May 15, 2017
- Apply now by clicking the JusticeXL Program Application link below
- Deadline for applications is April 15, 2017
- Applications will be reviewed and accepted on a competitive basis
- Eight to 12 young and start-up companies will compete for a place in this inaugural cohort