Mentors are normally the CEO or Founder of a successful startup or they may be professionals from the community. Mentors are selected based on their expertise on a topic in the curriculum, and their mandate is to help participating Founders by sharing their experience and providing feedback.
Mentors are accessible to Founders in the program during the sessions, through email, and by appointment. Mentors should proactively help our startups, companies and small businesses.
Mentor Application and Information
Offer of discounts or pro bono services to CO.STARTERS, Startups and Cohorts.
Offer of Professional Service Form
Specialists work on a variety of projects that fall in line with their area of expertise and fit the needs of the program. Specialists work either directly with SMTEC’s staff or with one or more of the startups or companies. Some projects they worked on included: website development, graphic design, marketing, video, financial planning, and even customer discovery.
Specialists may also provide support at events. Specialists have access and exposure to entrepreneurs, investors, master mentors, and sponsors. Specialists can be student interns or volunteers.
If you perform services as a volunteer worker, you may be able to deduct some of your costs as a charitable contribution. See OutofPocket Expenses in Giving Services in Publication 526, Charitable Contributions, for information on the expenses you can deduct.
CO.STARTERS GOLD STAR SPONSORSHIP Provide Professional Services to the Customer Count Winner
- Your company included in Media blasts identifying ‘Your Company Name’ as Professional Services Provider
- Special introduction of your company on Pitch night
- Winner and award announced on Pitch Night
$600.00 – CO.STARTERS PROGRAM SPONSORSHIP Pays for marketing materials, prizes, facilitator, etc.
- Limited to one company per program to ensure maximum exposure for your company
- STARTERS powered by ‘Your Company Name’ displayed on printed material, media and publications
- Access to all sessions throughout program to meet with participants
- Specific acknowledgement at week one (beginning) and week nine (end) sessions
- Your banner prominently displayed for entire program
$100.00 – CO.STARTERS SESSION SPONSORSHIP Helps pay for discounted participant fees and refreshments.
- 7 total sessions available per program, one for each of weeks 2-8
- Full access to session to meet with participants
- Week ‘X’ sponsored by ‘Your Company Name’ displayed in the room
- Week ‘X’ sponsored by ‘Your Company Name’ included in Media blasts